Chess Instructors Wanted!
Why join our team? Chess and Math Association is a non-profit organization that aims to promote chess in Canadian schools! The organization was founded in 1985 and now has three thriving locations: Montreal, Toronto, and Ottawa. We teach chess as an extra-curricular activity to over 10,000 students each week through our program. We do this by hiring qualified instructors like you!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create a classroom atmosphere in which students develop a love for chess while enhancing their critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Teaching chess curriculum starting from the basics and progressing to tactics, strategies, and checkmate patterns.
- A passion for chess and working with children
- Ability to pass a Police Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector
- Honest and reliable
- Advanced understanding of the game of chess
- Fluent in French and/or English
- Tournament experience
- Teaching or coaching experience with children
***JOIN OUR TEAM!***